Client: JCT Electronics Limited (JCTEL)
JCT Electronics Limited (JCTEL) is a flagship company of the Thapar Group, one of India’s largest industrial conglomerates. Founded in the 1920’s, the Thapar Group comprising of 54 companies and 84 manufacturing plants.
JCTEL was the first Colour Picture Tube (CPT) manufacturer in India. JCTEL set up a modern plant at Mohali (Punjab) for manufacture of CPTs in technical collaboration with Hitachi, Japan, one of the pioneers in Display Devices. Initially the plant had a capacity of 0.6 million CPTs which was increased to 1.20 million over a period of time.
Location: Village – Kandhari, Taluka – Karjan, Dist. – Baroda, Gujarat, India
Design, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of Complete Balance of plant of CATERPILLAR Gas Gensets.
3 x 1.9 MW, 415V, 50Hz Gas Based Captive Power Plant with 132kV Grid Synchronization and Load Sharing.
Electrical Scheme of Power Plant:
- The principle source of electric power supply was 132kV HT power connection taken from the state utility company. A 10 MVA, 132/11 KV transformer was installed for the same.
- To reduce grid dependencies, Gas Generators (GG) are installed in the existing system. The rating of each GG is 2.0 MW, 415 V, continuous duty.
- Primarily the GG will feed the required power. The power received by Grid will be used as a secondary source of power.
- Power Plant is now running on following schemes:
Grid and GG operating simultaneously in load sharing mode
Only GG in operation – Grid power failure
- The power system analysis software ETAP (Electrical Transient Analyser Program) version 5.5.6 was used for network modeling and calculation of short circuit currents as well as power flow study.
Categories: Diesel and Gas Generator Sets