Engineering, Procurement, Commissioning (EPC) of Captive – Co-generation Power Plants
We provide solutions for power plants, captive co-generation & utilities in a proficient manner. Offered at market leading prices, these are also available to clients as per their specific requirements and in compliance with defined industry standards. Apart from ensuring complete safety, we also ensure that the installed plants are eco-friendly.
The highly efficient combined heat and power systems (CHP) deployed by Zodiac Energy, also called cogeneration systems, can reduce your carbon emissions by nearly half.
Cogeneration or CHP (combined heat and power) is the simultaneous production of electricity and heat using a single fuel such as biogas, natural gas, coal, waste gas, biomass, liquid fuels and renewable gases. The heat produced from the electricity generating process (for example from the exhaust systems of a gas turbine) is captured and utilized to produce high and low level steam. The steam can be used as a heat source for both industrial and domestic purposes and can be used in steam turbines to generate additional electricity.
To meet our client’s requirements, we offer cogeneration with the following equipment:
- Waste Heat recovery Boiler (WHRB)
- Hot Water Generator (HWG)
- Vapor Absorption Machine (VAM)
Cogeneration is a highly efficient form of energy conversion and it can achieve primary energy savings of approximately 40% as compared to the separate purchase of electricity from the national electricity grid and a gas boiler for onsite heating. Combined heat and power plants are typically embedded close to the end user and therefore help reduce transportation and distribution losses, improving the overall performance of the electricity transmission and distribution networks. For power users where security of supply is an important factor for their selection of power production equipment and gas is abundant; gas-based cogeneration systems are ideally suited as captive power plants.
Benefits of Gas Engine CHP
- On site production of power.
- Reduced energy costs.
- Reduction in emissions compared to conventional electrical generators and onsite boilers.
- Improved productivity as well as reduced costs of production through reliable and uninterrupted availability of quality power from cogeneration plant.
- Improved energy efficiency and reduced CO2 emissions, hence supporting sustainable development initiatives.
- The system collects carbon credits which can be traded to earn revenue.
- Increased water consumption & reduction in water costs.
- 15 to 40% energy savings when compared with the separate production of electricity and heat.
- Reduces investments into electricity transmission capacity; avoids transmission losses; ensures security of high quality power supply.
We deliver solutions right from the concept to commissioning of power plants.
- Feasibility Study and Project Report
- Energy Yield Estimation
- Site Identification, Selection and land Acquisition
- Infrastructure Development
- Project Analysis
- Financing Assistance
- Liasioning & Clearances with State and Central Agencies
- System design
- BOM finalization
- Equipment selection
- Procurement and logistics
- Equipment supply
- Assembly of Machineries and Piping
- Testing – During Installation and Commissioning
- Power Evacuation.
- Finalizing of Project
- Project management
- Technical and user documents
- Performance monitoring